Get ready to awaken your taste buds with this fabulous Cone Bites recipe. Combining crispy waffle cones with velvety chocolate ganache, this treat is bound to become a favorite at your next gathering. Dive into the recipe and learn how to make these delightful bites that will leave everyone asking for more!
Cone Bites are not only delectable but versatile, making them a favorite during birthdays, summer picnics, and special holidays like Valentine's Day. Want another mouthwatering treat? Don't miss our recipe for Kinder No-Bake Cheesecake- a perfect companion to Cone Bites that will double the joy at your dessert table.
PREFER TO WATCH INSTEAD OF READ?
- Hot water
- Vanilla extract
- Milk chocolate
- Dark chocolate
See recipe card for quantities.
Prepare the Waffle Cone Batter
Combine the egg, sugar, hot water, flour, vanilla extract, and melted butter to create the waffle cone batter, then refrigerate.
Bake and Shape the Cones
Preheat the waffle cone maker, pour in the batter, and bake until golden. Wrap each waffle around a cone shape to make mini cones.
Prepare the Chocolate Ganaches
Create the milk and dark chocolate ganaches by melting the ingredients and mixing until smooth.
Seal and Fill the Cones
Place the cones in a support rack, seal with chocolate, and fill each cone with ganache.
Decorate and Set
Add desired toppings to the filled cones, then let them set for 2 hours.
Serve and Enjoy
Serve the Cone Bites the same day for optimal crispiness, and enjoy the delightful taste!
Hint: Be extra careful when shaping the hot waffle cones into mini cones, as they will be very hot. Using a proper cone-shaping tool can help achieve the perfect shape without burning your fingers. The consistency of the chocolate ganache is key, so follow the instructions closely for a smooth and velvety texture.
- For a dairy-free option, replace the cream with coconut cream and use dairy-free chocolate.
- You can replace the egg in the waffle cone recipe with a commercial egg replacer for a vegan alternative.
- Experiment with different toppings like sprinkles, chopped nuts, or shredded coconut.
- Try filling with white chocolate ganache for a different flavor profile.
- You can also dip the top of the Cone Bites in more chocolate and add edible gold dust for a festive touch.
Waffle Cone Batter
- Mixing Bowls: To mix ingredients.
- Keeps wet and dry items separate.
- Whisk: To beat egg and sugar.
- Makes the mixture light and fluffy.
- Sifter: For sifting flour.
- Removes lumps.
- Waffle cone maker: To make the cones.
- Gives the cones their shape.
- Spatula: To stir the ganache.
- Ensures smooth ganache.
- Piping bag or Ziploc bag: To fill cones.
- Makes filling easy.
Most Useful Equipment
The most useful tool is the Waffle cone maker. Without it, you can't make the cone shapes.
Store the Cone Bites in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 days. Since they are best enjoyed crispy, it's recommended to consume them the same day.
Achieve the perfect texture by not overcooking the waffle cones; they should be golden brown but not too hard. Searing the outside while keeping them slightly tender inside ensures a delightful crunch that pairs perfectly with the smooth ganache.
They are best eaten on the same day, but you can prepare the components in advance.
Yes, simply replace the milk or dark chocolate with white chocolate.
You can replace the egg with a commercial egg replacer and use dairy-free alternatives.
Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 days.
It's not recommended, as they may lose their crispiness.
Sprinkles, chopped nuts, shredded coconut, or edible gold dust
Prep time is around 30 minutes, and the total time is approximately 3 hours, including setting time.
This recipe makes about 30 Cone Bites.
Looking for other recipes like this? Try these:
120ml Hot Water
5ml Vanilla Extract
Milk Chocolate Ganache
100g Milk Chocolate
Dark Chocolate Ganache
90g Dark Chocolate
Waffle Cone Batter
- Whisk the egg and sugar until light and fluffy
- Add in the hot water and vanilla extract
- Sift in the flour
- Add in the melted butter
- Mix well and refrigerate for 30 minutes
- Preheat your waffle cone maker
- When the heat is set to medium-high add a very small quantity of batter
- When it is a beautiful golden color, you can take it out
- Wrap it around a cone shape to make a mini cone. Careful it will be super hot!
- Place the cones in a support rack
- Add a drop of melted chocolate to each one to seal it
- Put the cream, chocolate (and honey if you are making the dark chocolate one) in a bowl
- Heat up in the microwave for about 40 seconds
- Wait a minute
- Start mixing from the center
- When it comes together, add in the butter and mix some more
- It is now ready to use
- Pour the ganache in each one
- Add topping
- Let it set for 2 hours
- Eat it the same day for them to stay crispy!
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Western
- Diet: Vegetarian
Keywords: cone bites, waffle cones, milk chocolate ganache, dark chocolate ganache, homemade cones, mini cones, dessert recipe, easy cone bites
- Be cautious when handling hot waffle cones to avoid burns.
- Do not consume if left out at room temperature for more than a day.