Baking at its best is when creativity meets tradition and gives birth to something utterly delightful, like these Donut Muffins! This recipe marries the light and airy texture of donuts with the convenience and heartiness of muffins, culminating in a treat that’s hard to resist. Dipped in a scrumptious cinnamon sugar coating, these donut muffins will be your new favorite baked good.
If you're intrigued by the delightful fusion of donuts and muffins, don't miss out on trying this Baked Glazed Donuts recipe, another sweet treat that promises to enhance your festive gatherings or simply brighten your daily breakfast routine.
Prefer To Watch Instead Of Read?
- Baking powder
- Butter (for coating)
- Sugar (for coating)
- Cinnamon (for coating)
See recipe card for quantities.
Prepare the Batter
In a large bowl, mix melted butter, sugar, and nutmeg until lighter in color. In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt. Incorporate the dry ingredients into the butter mixture in three parts, alternating with the milk.
Preheat and Prepare the Pan
Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C) and grease a muffin pan.
Fill the Muffin Cups
Divide the batter equally among the muffin cups.
Bake the Muffin Donuts
Bake for 20 minutes. Once baked, let the muffin donuts cool down for 5 minutes.
Prepare the Coating
Melt the butter in a small bowl. In another bowl, mix the cinnamon and sugar.
Coat and Enjoy the Muffin Donuts
Remove the muffin donuts from the mold. Dip half of each muffin donut into the melted butter, and then roll it around in the cinnamon sugar mixture. Enjoy your muffin donuts!
Hint: For perfect Donut Muffins, ensure the melted butter cools slightly before mixing, and handle the muffins gently when dipping in the coating to achieve an even and unbroken finish.
For those with specific dietary needs, consider these alternatives:
- Replace dairy milk with almond, oat, or soy milk for a dairy-free or vegan diet.
Here are some ways to customize your recipe:
- Add a splash of almond or rum extract for an extra flavor kick.
Donut Muffin Batter:
- Mixing Bowls: For mixing all the ingredients like butter, sugar, and nutmeg. Helps keep everything in one place.
- Hand Mixer: Helps you blend the wet ingredients until light and fluffy. Makes your batter smooth.
Equipment for Baking:
- Muffin Pan: Gives the muffin donuts their shape. You need this for baking.
Most Useful Equipment:
- Muffin Pan: The key tool for giving your muffin donuts their shape. Without it, you won't get muffin donuts.
Donut muffins are best enjoyed fresh, but they can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to two days.
The key to achieving the perfect texture for these donut muffins is not to overmix the batter. Overmixing can develop the gluten in the flour and make your muffins tough instead of light and airy.
Yes, but the muffins will be denser.
Yes, they freeze well. Just cool them completely before freezing.
It's normal for this batter to be thicker than your typical muffin batter.
Overbaking can lead to dry muffins. Ensure to stick to the recommended baking time.
Absolutely, try adding crushed nuts or drizzled chocolate.
Yes, replace the egg with a vegan egg substitute and use plant-based milk.
Make sure your baking powder is fresh and not expired.
Yes, just adjust the baking time accordingly.
Yes, applesauce or mashed bananas can be used as a healthier substitute.
Yes, spices like nutmeg or allspice can add more flavor to your donut muffins.
Looking for other recipes like this? Try these:
1 cup (200g) sugar
½ cup (115g) butter, melted
1 ½ tsp (3.5g) nutmeg
1 cup (225g) milk
2 cups (240g) flour
2 tsp (8g) baking powder
½ tsp (3g) salt
⅓ cup (75g) butter
1 cup (200g) sugar
2 tsp (5g) cinnamon
Muffin Donut Batter:
- In a large bowl, mix melted butter, sugar, and nutmeg with a hand mixer until lighter in color.
- In another bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Incorporate the dry ingredients into the butter mixture in three parts, alternating with the milk.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C) and grease a muffin pan.
- Divide the batter equally among the muffin cups.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Once the muffin donuts are baked, let them cool down for 5 minutes.
- Melt the butter in a small bowl. In another bowl, mix the cinnamon and sugar.
- Remove the muffin donuts from the mold. Dip half of each muffin donut into the melted butter, and then roll it around in the cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Enjoy your delicious muffin donuts!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegetarian
Keywords: Donut Muffin Recipe, Easy Donut Muffins, Cinnamon Sugar Coating, Baking Powder, Nutmeg Flavor, How to Make Muffin Donuts, Muffin Pan Baking, Oven-Baked Donuts, 20-Minute Dessert, Quick Breakfast Recipe
- Consuming raw batter can lead to foodborne illness and should be avoided.
- Ensure all your ingredients are fresh and not past their expiration date.
- Store leftovers in a clean, airtight container to prevent contamination.
Unleash your inner baker with our delightful donut muffins recipe and let the irresistible aroma fill your home. Happy baking!