Want to impress your guests with a unique dessert? Look no further than this Maple Cheesecake. It's creamy, rich, and perfect for maple syrup lovers. Keep reading for the full recipe.
PREFER TO WATCH INSTEAD OF READ?
- Almond slices
- Graham crackers
- Maple sugar
- Cream cheese
- Lemon zest
- Maple syrup
- Sour cream
- Maple butter
See recipe card for quantities.
Prepare the Crust
Mix graham cracker crumbs with melted butter and maple sugar. Lay parchment paper in your 8-inch square mold. Press the crumb mixture firmly into the mold.
Bake the Crust
Bake your crust for 10-15 minutes at 350F.
Make the Filling
Cream the cheese until soft. Add maple syrup, lemon zest, eggs, and sour cream. Mix well.
Assemble the Cake
Pour the filling over the crust.
Make Crumble and Bake
Combine melted maple butter, syrup, and sugar with oats. Bake the cake for 20-25 minutes. Add crumble and bake again.
Cool down and refrigerate. Remove from mold, cut into squares, and add roasted almonds.
Hint: For a flawless cheesecake, let all dairy ingredients reach room temperature before mixing. It helps to combine them smoothly.
Use gluten-free graham crackers for a gluten-free version.
Swap almonds with pecans for a different nutty flavor.
An 8-inch square mold and a mixer are key. If using a round mold, adjust the baking time slightly.
Store in fridge for up to 4 days. Freezing is okay, but thaw completely before serving.
Don't rush the cooling and refrigeration steps. It helps the flavors meld.
No, maple sugar adds a distinct flavor.
It adds a citrusy balance.
It changes the texture; full-fat is better.
At least 3-4 hours.
It adds crunch, but you can skip it.
Yes, for up to a month.
Use gluten-free graham crackers.
Yes, but results may vary.
No, it's essential.
Yes, but add only after fully chilled.
50g Roasted Almond Slices
150g Graham Crackers
15g Maple Sugar
Maple Cream Cheese Filling
500g Cream Cheese
8g Lemon Zest
170g Maple Syrup
120g Sour Cream
75g Maple Butter
30g Maple Syrup
10g Maple Sugar
Step 1 - Make Crust
- Mix graham crumbs, melted butter, and maple sugar.
- Should look like wet sand.
- Line 8-inch square mold with parchment paper. Make it 2cm longer on sides.
- Add crumbs and press hard.
Step 2 - Bake Crust
- Bake for 10-15 minutes at 350F.
Step 3 - Make Filling
- Cream cheese until soft and lump-free.
- Add maple syrup, lemon zest, eggs, and sour cream.
- Mix until smooth.
- Pour over crust.
- Bake at 350F for 20-25 minutes.
Step 4 - Make Crumble
- Mix melted maple butter, maple syrup, and maple sugar with oats.
Step 5 - Bake Again
- After the first 20-25 minutes of baking, add the crumble on top.
- Bake another 20-25 minutes.
- Cool down, then put in fridge for 3-4 hours.
Step 6 - Finish
- Use parchment to take out of mold.
- Cut into squares or rectangles.
- Add roasted almonds on top. Enjoy!
- Prep Time: 30 mins
- Cook Time: 50 mins
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Canadian
- Diet: Vegetarian
Looking for other recipes like this? Try these:
- Make sure all dairy products are fresh.