Want to impress your guests or just treat yourself? This Mississippi Mud Pie is the dessert for you. This pie combines Oreos, brownies, and chocolate pudding. Don't miss this rich and tasty dessert!
PREFER TO WATCH INSTEAD OF READ? Mississippi Mud Pie video recipe
- Oreo cookie powder
- Bittersweet chocolate
- Canola oil
- Cocoa powder
- Brown sugar
- Dark chocolate
- Whipping cream
- Crushed Oreo cookies
See recipe card for quantities.
Instructions for Mississippi Mud Pie
Prepare Oreo Crust
Mix melted butter, salt, and Oreo crumbs. Press in a pie mold and bake.
Make the Brownie Layer
Melt chocolate and mix with other ingredients. Pour into crust and bake. Let cool, then refrigerate.
Create Chocolate Pudding
Heat milk and sugar. Add chocolate and pour over brownie layer.
Place in the fridge for a few hours.
Whip Oreo Cream
Whip cream and fold in crushed Oreos. Put on chilled pie.
Serve and Enjoy
Cut pie into pieces and enjoy!
Hint: Don’t rush the cooling step. The pie needs to set well to slice easily
To make it gluten-free, use gluten-free Oreos and flour.
Add caramel drizzle or fruit like strawberries to make it your own.
Equipment to make the Mississippi Mud Pie
Store in fridge for up to 3 days.
Don’t over-whip the cream. You want it thick but not buttery.
Yes, but it will be sweeter.
Yes, it just enhances the chocolate.
Yes, use gluten-free alternatives.
It helps, but a whisk works too.
Yes, graham crackers can work.
Yes, like strawberries.
The pie should feel firm.
Looking for other recipes like this? Try these:
2 cups (200g) Oreo cookie powder
¼ cup (60g) Butter, melted
⅛ tsp (0.75g) Salt
1 ½ cups (255g) Bittersweet chocolate, chopped
¼ cup (60g) Canola oil
2 tbsp (15g) Cocoa powder
1 cup (200g) Brown sugar
3 large Eggs
¼ cup (60ml) Coffee, brewed
1 cup (120g) Flour
½ cup (100g) Sugar
1 tbsp (9g) Cornstarch
2 cups (475ml) Milk
1 cup (170g) Dark chocolate, chopped
1 cup (240ml) Whipping cream
¼ cup (50g) Crushed Oreo cookies
1 tsp (5ml) Vanilla extract
Step 1 - Oreo Cookie Crust
- Mix melted butter, salt, and Oreo crumbs.
- Put the mix in a 9-inch pie mold.
- Press the mixture up the sides with fingers or a glass.
- Bake for 15 minutes at 350°F.
Step 2 - Brownie Layer
- Melt chocolate, oil, butter, cocoa, and coffee on a water bath.
- Whisk eggs, brown sugar, and salt in a different bowl.
- Add chocolate mix to egg mix.
- Add flour.
- Pour into pie crust and bake for 20-25 minutes at 350°F.
- Cool on the counter for 30 minutes, then chill.
Step 3 - Chocolate Pudding
- Mix sugar and cornstarch in a pan.
- Add milk.
- Heat and stir until boiling.
- Remove from heat and add chocolate.
- Spread on brownie layer.
- Chill for 2 hours.
Step 4 - Oreo Cookie Whipped Cream
- Whip cream, vanilla, and sugar to stiff peaks.
- Fold in crushed cookies.
- Put on top of chilled pudding.
- Prep Time: 40 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegetarian
- Always wash your hands.
- Make sure to use fresh eggs.
- Store leftovers in the fridge.