Learn how to make Profiteroles that are simply irresistible. This recipe is easy to follow, and the result is a plate full of heavenly, fluffy bites. Read on to find out more!
Profiteroles are a hit any time of year. Around holidays like Christmas, they're extra special. If you enjoy this recipe, you might also love our Kinder No-Bake Cheesecake, Crunchy Ice Cream Cone and How to Make Malva Pudding. They can make your holiday menu shine!
PREFER TO WATCH INSTEAD OF READ?
- Your favorite ice cream
- Egg wash
See recipe card for quantities.
Prepare Choux Pastry
First, boil the water, butter, salt, and sugar in a saucepan. Then, add flour and stir to form a paste.
Mix and Transfer
Put the paste in a stand mixer. Add eggs one by one. Put the mix in a pastry bag.
Pipe and Brush
Make 5cm rounds on a baking sheet. Use egg wash on them.
Bake at 400°F for 20 minutes.
Lower heat to 375°F. Bake for 20 more minutes.
Make Chocolate Sauce
Boil water and sugar, then pour over chocolate. Start mixing from the middle, add butter, and boil before simmering until it thickens. Cover it and let it sit at room temperature for 2 hours.
Cut the choux just above the middle. Fill with an ice cream scoop, put the top back.
Enjoy your dessert 🙂
Drizzle with chocolate sauce and enjoy!
Hint: Make sure the choux pastry is fully cooked. If it's too soft, it will collapse.
- Use dairy-free chocolate, ice cream and butter for a lactose-free version.
- Add fruit fillings like strawberry or raspberry.
- Use white chocolate for the sauce.
- Store in an airtight container.
- Freeze without the sauce. Thaw a little and add sauce before serving.
Don’t rush the cooling process. Let the profiteroles cool properly to keep them fluffy.
Up to 5 days in the fridge.
Yes, without the sauce.
Ice cream or sorbet.
No, but it adds flavor.
It should be golden brown.
Yes, store or freeze without the sauce.
250ml (1 cup) Water
100g (½ cup) Butter
2g (½ tsp) Salt
5g (1 tsp) Sugar
150g (1 cup) Flour
4 Eggs (approximately)
Step 1 - Choux Pastry:
- Boil water, butter, salt, and sugar in a pan.
- Off heat, add flour.
- Cook and mix until a shiny paste forms.
- Move to stand mixer.
- Add eggs one by one until mixed in.
- Fill pastry bag with a round tip.
- Make 5cm choux on a baking sheet.
- Brush with egg wash.
Step 2 - Baking:
- Bake at 400°F for 20 mins.
- Lower heat to 375°F for another 20 mins.
Step 3 - Chocolate Sauce:
- Boil water and sugar.
- Pour over chocolate.
- Mix from the middle.
- Add butter.
- Boil, then simmer until you get the right thickness.
- Cover and let sit 2 hours at room temp.
Step 4 - Assembly:
- Cut choux a bit above the middle.
- Add an ice cream scoop inside.
- Put the top back on.
- Add chocolate sauce on top or dip in it.
- Freeze or eat now. Enjoy!
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: French
- Diet: Vegetarian
Looking for other recipes like this? Try these:
- Make sure all utensils are clean.
- Store and handle eggs properly.