Looking for a new twist on bread? Try Sweet Potato Bread. It’s moist, packed with flavor, and topped with marshmallow glaze. You won't want to miss this!
PREFER TO WATCH INSTEAD OF READ?
- Brown Sugar
- Canola Oil
- Baking Soda
- Baking Powder
- Pumpkin Spice
- Mashed Sweet Potato
- Vanilla Extract
- Icing Sugar
See recipe card for quantities.
Make the Pumpkin Spice Mix
Mix all the spices for pumpkin spice in a bowl. Put the mix aside for later.
Prepare the Sweet Potato
Boil water in a pot and add peeled sweet potato. Cook until soft, then mash into a puree. Let it cool down.
Prepare the Batter
Whisk brown sugar and canola oil in a bowl. Add eggs and pumpkin spice. Mix flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in another bowl. Add these dry ingredients to the wet mix. Add milk and mashed sweet potato last.
Bake the Bread
Preheat your oven to 350F. Grease a loaf pan and add parchment paper. Pour the batter and bake for 45-50 minutes.
Make the Marshmallow Glaze
In a bowl, add marshmallows, cream, and vanilla. Microwave and mix. Add melted butter and icing sugar.
Finish and Enjoy
Let the bread cool down. Drizzle with marshmallow glaze. Enjoy your Sweet Potato Bread.
Hint: For the best flavor, use freshly made pumpkin spice mix. Store-bought lacks the fresh kick.
- Brown Sugar: You can use white sugar with a dash of molasses.
- Canola Oil: Olive oil or melted butter work too.
- Milk: Almond milk or oat milk for a dairy-free option.
- Pumpkin Spice: Use allspice if you don't have the mix.
- Nuts: Add walnuts or pecans for crunch.
- Fruit: Dried cranberries give extra flavor.
- Vegan: Use flaxseed as an egg substitute and vegan marshmallows for the glaze.
- Spices: Switch pumpkin spice with chai spice for a different flavor.
Remember, test variations before serving to guests
- Mixing Bowls: You'll need at least two, one for dry ingredients and one for wet.
- Whisk: Useful for mixing the batter and spices well.
- 9-inch Loaf Pan : A 9x5 inch pan is best for this recipe.
- Parchment Paper: Helps to easily remove the bread from the pan.
- Blender or Potato Masher: For making sweet potato puree.
Most Useful Equipment
- 9-inch Loaf Pan: This shapes the bread. Make sure it's the right size for even cooking.
- Blender: A blender makes the sweet potato puree smooth, which is key for texture.
Wrap the bread tightly and store at room temp for up to 4 days. To freeze, wrap and store for up to 3 months.
Don’t overmix the batter. It makes the bread tough.
Insert a toothpick. If clean, it’s done.
Yes, but it adds a sweet touch.
9x5 inches is ideal.
Pumpkin Spice Mix
2 tbsp (16g) Cinnamon
1 tbsp (8g) Ginger
1 tbsp (8g) Nutmeg
1 tsp (2g) Cloves
Sweet Potato Bread
1 cup (105g) Brown Sugar
½ cup (100g) Canola Oil
2 eggs (100g)
1 ¾ cup (210g) Flour
1 tsp (6g) Baking Soda
¼ tsp (1g) Baking Powder
¼ tsp (1g) Salt
2 tsp (5g) Pumpkin Spice
⅓ cup (75g) Milk
1 cup (230g) Mashed Sweet Potato
5 marshmallows (30g)
2 tbsp (30ml) Cream
¼ tsp (1g) Vanilla Extract
1 tsp (5g) Butter
¾ to 1 cup (85-115g) Icing Sugar
Pumpkin Spice Mix
1- Mix these spices in a bowl: cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and cloves.
2- Put it aside.
Mashed Sweet Potato
1- In a pot, bring water to a boil
2- Add your peeled sweet potato
3- Cook until a knife easily passes through the sweet potato
4- Take the sweet potato out of the water
5- Blend or mash it into a puree
6- Let it cool down
Sweet Potato Bread Batter
1- In a bowl, whisk together brown sugar and canola oil.
2- Add one egg at a time.
3- Also, add the pumpkin spice mix.
4- In another bowl, mix flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
5- Add it to the egg mixture two or three times.
6- Alternate with the milk.
7- Add the mashed sweet potato.
Baking the Sweet Potato Bread
1- Heat the oven to 350F
2- Grease and line a Loaf Pan with parchment paper
3- Pour the batter into the loaf pan
4- Bake 45-50min
5- Let it cool down
1- In a bowl, put marshmallows, cream and vanilla
2- Bake for 30 seconds in the microwave
3- Mix until the marshmallows are completely melted
4- Put it back in the microwave if it doesn't melt
5- Add melted butter
6- Sift powdered sugar until you get the right consistency
7- Drizzle on your sweet potato Bread and enjoy!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 50 minutes
- Category: Bread
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegetarian
Keywords: Sweet Potato Bread, Marshmallow Glaze, Homemade Pumpkin Spice, Fall Baking, Comfort Food, Loaf Pan Recipe, Mashed Sweet Potato, Spiced Bread, Easy Bake, Creamy Glaze