Imagine biting into a delightful fusion of two iconic desserts - the crispy, sugar-dusted Spanish churro and the soft, gooey American brownie. Welcome to the world of Churro Brownies! This recipe gives you the best of both treats, creating an irresistible dessert that's full of textures and flavors.
Speaking of delightful treats, while both churros and brownies are loved year-round, Churro Brownies make an extra special treat for the holiday season. The cinnamon sugar coating brings a festive warmth that's perfect for a winter celebration. If you enjoy creating these delightful desserts, you may also want to explore another flavorful recipe - Baked Glazed Donuts. These donuts are a sweet symphony of flavor and texture, guaranteed to bring joy to your table any time of the year.
Prefer To Watch Instead Of Read?
- Brown Sugar
- Vanilla Extract
- Baking Powder
- Cocoa powder
- Dark chocolate
See recipe card for quantities.
Instructions for Churro Brownies
Combine butter, sugars, and eggs. Mix flour, baking powder, and salt separately, then gradually add to butter mixture. Split the batter in two, add cinnamon and vanilla to one, and cocoa and dark chocolate to the other.
Preparation for Baking
Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C), grease and line a 9-inch Square Baking Pan with parchment paper.
Spread the chocolate brownie batter at the bottom of the mold, then layer the cinnamon-vanilla batter on top.
Bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out with few moist crumbs.
Cinnamon Sugar Topping
Mix cinnamon and sugar. Brush the baked brownies with melted butter, then sprinkle the cinnamon sugar mixture over the top.
Chocolate Sauce and Serving
In a bowl, combine cream and dark chocolate and microwave until melted. Stir in butter until it's fully incorporated and the sauce is smooth. Drizzle the sauce over the cooled brownies.
Hint: Ensure precise baking to avoid dry or too gooey brownies, and allow them to fully cool before applying toppings for best texture and flavor.
Dietary adjustments for this recipe include:
- Substitute dairy-free margarine for butter and almond milk for cream for a dairy-free version.
- A sugar alternative, such as Stevia or Erythritol, can be used for those watching their sugar intake.
Give the recipe your own twist:
- Add a pinch of chili powder to the chocolate sauce for a Mexican inspired twist.
- Replace dark chocolate with white chocolate for a different flavor profile.
- Sprinkle some sea salt flakes on top for a salty note.
- Mixing Bowls: To mix wet and dry ingredients separately.
- Hand Mixer: Makes it easy to blend butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- 9-inch Square Baking Pan: To shape and bake the brownies.
- Parchment Paper: Helps in easy removal of brownies.
- Brush: To brush butter on brownies.
If choosing one most useful: Hand Mixer. It's versatile and makes mixing much easier.
Store the Churro Brownies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days or in the fridge for up to a week.
Make sure not to overbake the brownies. You want them to be soft and fudgy on the inside.
FAQ for your Churro Brownies
Yes, but the homemade version tastes better.
Yes, but it adds a signature churro flavor.
They might be overbaked. Remember, the brownies will continue to cook a little as they cool.
Yes, they freeze well. Thaw at room temperature before serving.
The chocolate might have burned. Always melt chocolate over low heat or at small intervals in the microwave.
Yes, but it will be sweeter.
Yes, walnuts or almonds would also work well.
That's normal. The thick batter will result in fudgy brownies.
A round cake pan or a similar sized oven-safe dish will work.
You can use a double boiler on the stovetop.
Looking for other recipes like this? Try these:
1 cup (210g) Butter (Melted)
1 cup (200g) Brown Sugar
⅔ cup (125g) Sugar
1 tsp (5ml) Vanilla Extract
2 ½ cups (300g) Flour
1 ¼ tsp (5.5g) Baking Powder
¾ tsp (4.5g) Salt
1 tsp (2.5g) Cinnamon
2 tbsp (4.5g) Cocoa powder
⅓ cup (70g) Dark chocolate (chopped)
2 tbsp (25g) Sugar
½ tsp (1.5g) Cinnamon
3 tbsp (40g) Cream
¼ cup (40g) Dark chocolate
1 tbsp (10g) Butter
- In a bowl, mix the melted butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- In another bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Gradually add the flour mixture to the egg mixture, stirring until well combined.
- Divide the batter into two equal parts.
- To the first part, add cinnamon and vanilla extract, and mix well.
- To the second part, add cocoa powder and chopped dark chocolate, and mix well.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Grease and line a 9-inch Square Baking Pan with parchment paper.
- Spread the chocolate brownie mixture evenly on the bottom of the prepared pan.
- Layer the churro blondie mixture on top, spreading it evenly as well.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out with a few moist crumbs.
- Meanwhile, mix the cinnamon and sugar in a bowl and set aside.
- Once the brownies are done baking, remove them from the oven and let them cool completely in the pan.
- Brush the top with melted butter.
- Sprinkle the cinnamon sugar mixture over the top of the brownies.
Chocolate Sauce (Optional):
- In a small bowl, combine the cream and the chopped dark chocolate.
- Microwave the mixture for 30 seconds. If the chocolate is not completely melted, continue microwaving in 10-second intervals, stirring in between, until smooth and fully melted.
- Add the butter cubes to the melted chocolate mixture.
- Stir until the butter is fully incorporated and the sauce is homogeneous.
- Set the chocolate sauce aside.
- Drizzle with chocolate sauce.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20-30 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegetarian
Keywords: Brownie, churro, dessert, cinnamon, chocolate sauce, homemade brownies, baked goods
- Ensure all cooking surfaces and utensils are clean.
- Do not leave perishable ingredients at room temperature for too long.
Get ready to impress your family and friends with these unique Churro Brownies, the perfect sweet treat for any occasion. Happy baking!