Craving a rich and delicious dessert? Look no further than this Double Chocolate Cheesecake. It's creamy, chocolatey, and perfect for any occasion. Keep reading to find out how to make this irresistible treat.
PREFER TO WATCH INSTEAD OF READ?
- Oreo Crumbs
- Cream Cheese
- Cocoa Powder
- Whipping Cream
- Sour Cream
- Dark Chocolate
- White Chocolate
See recipe card for quantities.
Making the Crust
Mix Oreo crumbs and melted butter. It should look like wet sand. Save some crumbs for later.
Forming the Crust
Add the mixture to an 8-inch pan. Press it hard. Bake for 10-15 minutes at 350F.
Cream Cheese Filling
Mix room temp cream cheese and sugar. Add cream, sour cream, and eggs. Add cocoa and melted chocolate last.
Pour over crust. Wrap your pan in foil. Put it in a water bath. Bake at 325F for 1 hour.
White Chocolate Cream
Heat the cream. Pour it over white chocolate. Chill overnight.
Whip the cream. Add it to the cake. Decorate with leftover crumbs.
Hint: Don't overmix the filling. Overmixing can lead to cracks in your cheesecake.
For a gluten-free version, use gluten-free cookies for the crust.
Swap dark chocolate for milk chocolate to make it less intense.
An 8-inch springform pan and stand mixer are most useful. No springform pan? Use a regular one but line it well.
Store in the fridge for up to 5 days. For freezing, wrap it tightly and store for up to a month.
Always use room temperature cream cheese. It mixes better and makes a smoother filling.
Yes, you can use graham crackers.
It should reach an internal temp of 150F.
Yes, but the texture might change.
You can use coconut milk.
Yes, for up to a month.
At least 6-8 hours.
Yes, berries go well.
Yes, but it will change the flavor.
It's tricky but possible with vegan substitutes.
220g Oreo Crumbs
750g Cream Cheese
20g Cocoa Powder
120ml Whipping Cream
30g Sour Cream
115g Dark Chocolate
115g White Chocolate
250ml Whipping Cream
Step 1 - Make Crust
- Mix Oreo crumbs and melted butter.
- It should look like wet sand.
- Save 50g crumbs for later.
Step 2 - Mold and Bake Crust
- Put mix in 8-inch springform pan.
- Press hard, make it come ⅓ up the sides.
- Bake at 350F for 10-15 minutes.
Step 3 - Make Filling
- In a stand mixer, mix room-temp cheese and sugar.
- Mix until there is no lumps.
- Add cream, then sour cream.
- Add eggs one by one, mix in between.
- Add sifted cocoa, mix.
- Slowly add melted chocolate while mixing.
- Pour over the crust.
Step 4 - Bake Cake
- Wrap mold in foil.
- Put in water bath.
- Bake at 325F for 1 hour or until internal temp is 150F.
- Put in fridge overnight or 6-8 hours.
Step 5 - Make Whipped Cream
- Boil cream.
- Pour over the white chocolate.
- Wait 1 minute, then mix.
- Put in the fridge overnight or 4 hours.
Step 6 - Final Touch
- Whip the cold cream to stiff peaks.
- Pour on cake.
- Put in fridge 1 hour to set cream.
- Remove from mold.
- Cut nice slices.
- Add saved Oreo crumbs. Enjoy!
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegetarian
Looking for other recipes like this? Try these:
- Always check the expiry date of your dairy products.
- Make sure eggs are fresh.