Dive into a world of creamy, chocolatey goodness with this fantastic Oreo Pancake recipe. Perfect for weekend breakfasts or an indulgent treat anytime, these fluffy pancakes are packed with crunchy Oreo bits will leave you longing for more.
Oreo Pancakes can be an excellent special treat for a variety of occasions. Though they're perfect for satisfying a random sweet tooth craving, they are especially popular around Christmas and during winter months when comfort food is the order of the day. These pancakes also make a delightful surprise breakfast for birthdays or other special days. And let's not forget Pancake Day (Shrove Tuesday), when whipping up a batch of these delights can be a fun and delicious tradition.
Oreo Pancakes are great for special days and comfort food cravings. But when it's sunny or you want something cold, our Crunchy Ice Cream Cone recipe is a perfect choice. It's a timeless treat for any day. Let's dive into this recipe!"
Prefer To Watch Instead Of Read?
- Dutch Processed Cocoa Powder
- Baking Powder
- Baking Soda
- Oreo Cookies
- Whipping Cream
- Vanilla Extract
- Oreo Cookies
See recipe card for quantities.
Prepare Pancake Batter:
Mix pancake ingredients, fold in crushed Oreos, and let sit for 15 minutes.
Make Oreo Whipped Cream:
Whisk, sugar, cream, and vanilla to make whipped cream. Fold in the oreos. Refrigerate.
Cook ⅓ cup of batter in a heated pan for 2-3 minutes each side. Repeat with remaining batter.
Layer pancakes with whipped cream in between each one.
Top the stack with more whipped cream and sprinkle with crushed Oreos.
Serve your delicious Oreo pancakes and enjoy your meal!
Hint: For perfect pancakes, maintain medium heat. Too hot, and they burn; too low, they won't fluff up. Aim for a golden-brown exterior and a fluffy inside.
If you're on a special diet, don't worry! You can make this recipe vegan-friendly by making a few changes:
- Use almond or oat milk instead of regular milk.
- Instead of eggs, use something like a banana or a store-bought egg replacer.
- Use vegan butter instead of regular butter.
- Choose dairy-free whipped cream instead of the usual kind.
Remember, some types of Oreos might not be vegan because of how they're made. Always check the packaging or look up information online to be sure.
Want to make these Oreo Pancakes more to your liking? Go ahead and add your favorite flavors. You could mix in some cinnamon or chili powder into the batter to give it an exciting twist. If you're a fan of fruits, try topping the pancakes with some raspberry or strawberry sauce. It'll add a nice fruity balance to the rich chocolate taste.
Oreo Pancake Batter
- Mixing Bowls: To mix dry and wet ingredients.
- Whisk: For mixing eggs and milk into the dry ingredients.
- Measuring Cups and Spoons: To measure all ingredients.
Oreo Whipped Cream
- Hand Mixer: For whipping cream to firm peaks.
- Non-stick Pan: For cooking pancakes.
Most Useful Equipment: Non-stick Pan. It's crucial for cooking the pancakes evenly and avoiding sticking.
Store any leftover Oreo Pancakes in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2-3 days. To reheat, warm them in a toaster or oven until heated through. The Oreo Whipped Cream should also be refrigerated and used within 1-2 days.
The key to achieving perfect Oreo Pancakes is not to overmix your batter. It's okay to have some small lumps. Overmixing can lead to tough, dense pancakes instead of the light, fluffy ones we're aiming for.
FAQ for this Oreo Pancake Recipe
Yes, though Dutch-processed cocoa powder gives a richer, more chocolatey flavor.
Absolutely, feel free to experiment with other cookies. Just remember that the flavor of the pancakes will change according to the cookies used.
Yes, you can substitute eggs with mashed banana or an egg replacer.
You can substitute cornstarch with an equal amount of all-purpose flour.
Yes, but homemade whipped cream, especially the Oreo-infused one in this recipe, brings an added layer of flavor.
1 ⅓ cup (160g) Flour
⅓ cup (28g) Dutch Processed Cocoa Powder
¼ cup (28g) Cornstarch
¼ cup (50g) Sugar
¼ tsp (1.5g) Salt
1 tbsp (12g) Baking Powder
¼ tsp (1.5g) Baking Soda
1 ¼ cup (280g) Milk
3 tbsp (40g) Butter (Melted)
10 Oreo Cookies (finely crushed)
1 cup (225g) Whipping Cream (Cold)
½ tsp (2.5ml) Vanilla Extract
6 Oreo Cookies (Separated)
2 tbsp (35g) Sugar
Oreo Pancake Batter
- In a bowl, mix together the flour, Dutch Processed cocoa powder, cornstarch, sugar, salt, baking powder, and baking soda.
- Whisk in the eggs and milk until the mixture is well combined.
- Add the melted butter to the batter and stir until incorporated.
- Fold in the finely crushed Oreo cookies.
- Allow the batter to sit for 15 minutes to rest.
Oreo Whipped Cream
- Separate the Oreo cookies and set aside the filling. Crush the cookies into small pieces.
- In a separate bowl, pour in the cold whipping cream.
- Add the vanilla extract, sugar, and the Oreo cookie filling to the cream.
- Whisk the mixture until firm peaks form.
- Gently fold in the crushed Oreo cookies.
- Keep the Oreo whipped cream refrigerated until ready to use.
- Heat a non-stick pan over medium heat.
- Pour ⅓ cup of the pancake batter onto the pan for each pancake.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes until bubbles form on the surface of the pancake.
- Carefully flip the pancake and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes until cooked through.
- Repeat the process with the remaining batter.
- Stack 2 or 3 Oreo Pancakes on a plate.
- Spread a layer of Oreo whipped cream between each pancake.
- Add an extra dollop of whipped cream on top.
- Sprinkle some crushed Oreo cookies over the whipped cream.
- Serve the Oreo Pancakes while they're still warm and enjoy the delectable treat!
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 20-30 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegetarian
Keywords: Oreo Pancakes, Whipped Cream recipes, Breakfast treats, Kid-friendly recipes, Easy pancake recipes, Oreo dessert, Fluffy pancakes
- Always wash your hands before preparing food and after handling raw eggs.
- Check the expiry date of all your ingredients before using them.
- Make sure to store leftover pancakes and whipped cream in the refrigerator.
- Consume the leftover pancakes and whipped cream within the suggested time frame to avoid food spoilage.
With this ultimate Oreo Pancake recipe and handy guide, you're all set to create an unforgettable, delectable treat that's perfect for any occasion. Happy Cooking!