Let's get one thing straight: ice cream is only meant to be eaten with a waffle cone!
Crispy all around, beautifully golden, with a flavorful waffle aftertaste and sweet but just enough so that it goes perfectly with any ice cream, sorbet or even frozen yogurt. So freaking delicious that you will probably forget the ice cream part and eat them all by themselves.
Waffle cones are a popular treat all year round, but they are often associated with summertime and warm weather. They are a classic accompaniment to ice cream and are often served at ice cream shops and stands, carnivals, and fairs. Waffle cones are also popular at special events and holidays, such as birthdays, barbecues, and picnics. Because they are so versatile and can be filled with a variety of flavors and toppings, waffle cones are enjoyed by people of all ages and are a favorite choice for many special occasions.
Prefer To Watch Instead Of Read?
- Hot water
- Vanilla Extract
See the recipe card for quantities.
How To Make Ice Cream Cones
Waffle cone batter
In a mixing bowl, whisk together the egg and sugar until light and fluffy. Slowly pour in the hot water and add in the vanilla extract. Sift in the flour and stir until well combined. Add in the melted butter and mix until smooth. Cover the bowl and refrigerate for 30 minutes before using.
Making the waffle cones
To make delicious waffle cones, begin by preheating your waffle cone maker. Once the heat is medium to medium-hot, add 2 tablespoons of batter to the maker. After about 2 minutes, flip the waffle for more even cooking. Once it reaches a beautiful golden color, remove it from the maker. Be careful, as it will be very hot! Form the waffle into a cone shape to make a traditional waffle cone, or roll it into a cigar shape. The possibilities are endless! Enjoy it with ice cream or any other creamy or frozen desserts. Give it a try, you won't regret it!
Shape them the way you want!
- Be sure to preheat the waffle cone maker before adding the batter, as this will help the waffle cook more evenly.
- Use the correct amount of batter, as using too much can cause the waffle to become too thick and uneven.
- Keep an eye on the color of the waffle as it cooks, and remove it from the maker when it reaches a golden brown color.
- Be careful when removing the waffle from the maker, as it will be hot and may stick.
- Form the waffle into a cone shape or roll it into a cigar as soon as possible, as it will become more difficult to shape as it cools.
- You can also use cooking spray or butter to coat the waffle maker before adding the batter, it will help to prevent sticking and make it easier to remove the waffle.
- Always check and clean the waffle maker after each use, as this will help to prolong the life of the machine and ensure that it continues to function properly.
Butter - Use dairy-free butter to fit a lactose-free diet
- Chocolate - Substitute 30g of flour with cocoa powder to create a chocolate cone!
- Extract - Substitute vanilla extract with any other extract to give it a special flavor!
For Waffle Cone Batter
- Whisk: Essential for thoroughly mixing the egg and sugar until they're well combined.
- Mixing Bowls: A large bowl to hold and combine all of your ingredients conveniently.
- Sifter: Helps you add the flour in a lump-free manner, ensuring a smoother batter.
- Measuring Cups and Spoons: Provides the accurate measurements needed for each ingredient.
- Heat-Resistant Spatula: Useful for scraping down the sides of the bowl and mixing everything well.
- Waffle Cone Maker: The crucial tool for both shaping and cooking the waffle cones to perfection.
- Heat-Resistant Gloves: Provides essential hand protection from the hot waffle batter.
Most Useful Equipment
- Waffle Cone Maker: This is the most crucial tool because it both cooks and shapes the waffle cones.
Store your Ice Cream Cones in an airtight container at room temperature to keep them crunchy for up to a week. Avoid storing in humid or refrigerated areas as it will soften them quickly."
No. This recipe was made to be cooked on a waffle iron because it needs to be really thin to become crispy.
No. For the same reasons why you can’t make this recipe without a waffle cone iron, the regular waffle iron is not able to make the waffle thin enough.
Yes! You can add a little melted chocolate at the bottom and let it harden to seal it! Another trick is to put a mini marshmallow at the bottom!
First, cook them enough so they have no more humidity content. Also, wait for the cones to reach room temp before storing them! Last, of all, store them in a dry place. Don’t put them in the fridge!
- 120g Sugar
- 120ml Water (hot)
- 120g Flour
- 5ml Vanilla Extract
- 60g Butter
Step 1 - Waffle Cone Batter
Whisk the egg and the sugar until light and fluffy
Add in the hot water and the vanilla extract
Sift in the flour
Add in the melted butter
- Mix well and refrigerate for 30 minutes
Step 2 - Making The Waffle Cones
Preheat your waffle cone maker
When the heat is medium to medium-hot add 2 tablespoons of batter
After about 2 minutes, flip it
It will help it cook more evenly
- When it is a beautiful golden color you can take it out
- Immediately form it into what you want it to be * It will be very hot!!!
- Wrap it around a cone shape to make a waffle cone, place it in a bowl or roll it into a cigar!
- You can make it into anything you like!
- It is delicious with ice cream (of course) and many other types of dessert cream 😀
- Dare to try it!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegetarian
Keywords: Homemade waffle cone recipe, Easy waffle cones, Ice cream cone DIY, Waffle cone ingredients, Crispy waffle cones, Vanilla waffle cone
- Don’t let the waffle cone maker unattended while plugged.
- The machine becomes really hot, use protection like heating gloves while handling it.
- Careful! The waffle will be extremely hot when you will try shaping it. Work quickly!