Wanting something sweet and crunchy that elevates your favorite frozen treats? Look no further! Our Chocolate Waffle Cone recipe is exactly what you need. These homemade cones are delightful and easy to prepare. Get ready to indulge the decadent chocolate richness that adds a luxurious touch to your desserts. Read on to discover how to create this delectable masterpiece.
Chocolate Waffle Cones are popular all year round but particularly cherished during the summer months, when they pair perfectly with ice cream. They also make an appearance during special holidays, serving as an exciting and delicious alternative to traditional cones. If you're loving this recipe, you might also want to try our Original Ice Cream Cone recipe
PREFER TO WATCH INSTEAD OF READ?
- Hot water
- Cocoa powder
See recipe card for quantities.
Prepare the Chocolate Waffle Cone Batter
Combine egg, sugar, hot water, flour, cocoa powder, and butter to create the batter.
Chill the Batter
Refrigerate the batter for 30 minutes.
Preheat the Waffle Cone Maker
Preheat the waffle cone maker to medium to medium-hot.
Cook the Waffle Cones
Add 2 tablespoons of batter, flip after 2 minutes, and cook until golden, then shape.
Shape and Cool the Cones
Wrap around a cone shape, bowl, or roll into a cigar; let it cool.
Serve with Desired Fillings
Serve with ice cream or dessert cream and enjoy!
Hint: When shaping the chocolate waffle cones, act quickly as they set rapidly. Using a proper mold or cone-shaped object will help you achieve the desired shape. Remember, they will be very hot, so handle with care!
For a dairy-free version, replace regular butter with a dairy-free alternative.
You can add sprinkle cinnamon into the batter for a unique flavor twist. Experiment with different shapes and sizes to suit various occasions.
Chocolate Waffle Cone Batter
- Mixing Bowls: For mixing ingredients.
- Keeps wet and dry separate.
- Whisk: To beat egg and sugar.
- Makes mixture light and fluffy.
- Sifter: To sift flour and cocoa.
- Removes lumps and blends well.
Baking The Waffle Cone
- Waffle cone maker: To cook the batter.
- Makes the waffle cone shape.
Most Useful Equipment
The Waffle cone maker is the most useful. You need it to make the cone shape.
Store the waffle cones in an airtight container at room temperature. They will stay crisp for up to a week.
Ensure the batter is evenly spread in the waffle cone maker for a uniform texture and appearance.
Yes, any cocoa powder works for this recipe.
Up to a week if stored properly.
It's best to use fresh, but you can freeze it for up to a month.
Approximately 10, depending on size.
Yes, try spices for variations.
They pair wonderfully with ice creams and creams.
You can replace the egg with a vegan alternative.
Yes, but adult supervision is needed due to hot equipment.
Looking for other recipes like this? Try these:
130g / ½ cup + 2 tbsp Sugar
120ml / 4oz Hot water
90g / ¾ cup Flour
30g / ¼ cup Cocoa powder
60g / ¼ cup Butter
Chocolate Waffle Cone Batter:
- Whisk the egg and the sugar until light and fluffy
- Add in the hot water
- Sift in the flour and the cocoa powder
- Add in the melted butter
- Mix well and refrigerate 30 minutes
Baking The Waffle Cone:
- Preheat your waffle cone maker
- When the heat is medium to medium-hot add 2 tablespoons of batter
- After about 2 minutes, flip it
- It will help it cook more evenly
- Take it out
- Immediately form it into what you want it to be
- Wrap it around a cone shape to make a waffle cone, place it in a bowl or roll it into a cigar!
- You can make it into anything you like!
- It is delicious with ice cream (of course) and many other types of dessert cream
- Dare to try it! And don’t forget to Enjoy 😉
- Prep Time: 40 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: International
- Diet: Vegetarian
Keywords: chocolate waffle cone, homemade waffle cone, waffle cone recipe, easy waffle cone, ice cream cone, dessert recipe
- Use caution when handling hot equipment and ingredients.