Ready to make Caramel Apples? This easy recipe will help you create the perfect treat. They're great for parties, gifts, or just for you. Keep reading to find out how!
PREFER TO WATCH INSTEAD OF READ?
- Brown Sugar
- Corn Syrup
- Vanilla Extract
See recipe card for quantities.
Making the Caramel
Mix brown sugar, corn syrup, butter, cream, and salt in a saucepan. Heat until melted.
Bring the mix to 240°F. Remove from heat, add vanilla, and let it cool to 190°F.
Prep the Apples
Wash apples, dry them, and add a stick. Put them in the fridge.
Dip the apples into the 190°F caramel.
Add your choice of toppings, like nuts or candies.
Perfect Caramel Apples!
Hint: For the perfect texture, use a thermometer. It makes sure the caramel is just right.
For a dairy-free version, use coconut cream instead of regular cream.
- Spice it up: Add cinnamon to the caramel.
- Go tropical: Use shredded coconut as a topping.
- Saucepan with a thick bottom
- Wooden spoon
Note: A silicone mat works best, but parchment paper is okay.
Store in the fridge for up to a week. Freezing is not recommended.
Don't rush the cooling process. The caramel needs to be 190°F for the perfect coat.
Yes, the tartness pairs well.
Highly recommended for perfect caramel.
Yes, melt chocolate and drizzle it on.
Yes, just check your toppings.
About a week in the fridge.
Looking for other recipes like this? Try these:
380g Brown Sugar
290g Corn Syrup
5ml Vanilla Extract
Step 1: Make Caramel
- Put brown sugar, corn syrup, butter, cream, and salt in a big saucepan.
- Heat and stir until melted.
- Heat to 240°F, then take off the heat.
- Add vanilla. Wait until it's 190°F.
Step 2: Prep Apples
- Wash apples.
- Dry them.
- Add a stick.
- Put in fridge.
Step 3: Dip Apples
- Get silicone sheet ready.
- Put 190°F caramel in a small bowl.
- Dip apples in caramel, close to the stick.
- Add toppings if you want.
- Place on silicone sheet right away.
- Eat the tasty apple!
Extra: Caramel Candies
- Pour leftover caramel on silicone mat.
- Shape it flat.
- Let it set.
- Cut into squares.
- Hope you find this easy to follow! Enjoy making your caramel apples and candies.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Cooking
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegetarian
- Always wash your hands.
- Use clean utensils.
- Check the temperature of the caramel.