Craving something sweet and crunchy? You're in the right place! Make this Pecan Caramel Cheesecake and wow your guests. It has layers of creamy filling, crunchy crust, and gooey caramel. Keep reading to get the full recipe!
This cheesecake is a hit during fall and winter holidays. It pairs well with cozy nights and warm drinks. Want more dessert ideas? Check out our Pecan Pie or Pistachio Butter Cake recipes for more treats!
PREFER TO WATCH INSTEAD OF READ?
Ingredients for this Pecan Caramel Cheesecake
- Coconut Oil
- Shredded Coconut
- Cream Cheese
- Creme Fraiche
- Vanilla Extract
See recipe card for quantities.
Make the Crust
Blend dates, pecans, coconut, and oil in a food processor. Keep blending until pecans are small.
Mold and Bake
Put the mix in an 8-inch mold. Press and shape it. Bake for 10-15 minutes at 325F.
Cream Cheese Filling
Mix cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Add other ingredients and mix until even.
Melt sugar. Add butter and mix well. Add cream and a pinch of salt off the heat.
Wrap the mold in foil. Pour in ¾ of the cream cheese filling. Mix remaining filling with half caramel and molasses. Add to mold, make white spots. Use a knife to create a marbled design.
Bake and Chill Cake
Place the mold in a water bath. Bake at 325F for 1.5 hours or until it reaches 150F inside. Cool for 1 hour, then cover and put in the fridge overnight.
Bake 100g pecans at 350F for 10 min. Heat leftover caramel, add pecans. Remove cake from mold, cut slice, top with caramel pecans, and enjoy.
Enjoy your cheesecake!
Hint: Don't rush the baking. Make sure the cheesecake reaches an internal temp of 150F for the perfect texture.
- Use almond flour for a gluten-free crust.
- Add chocolate chips to the crust.
- Use walnut instead of pecans for a twist.
Keep it in the fridge for up to 5 days. Freezing? Wrap tightly and store for up to a month.
Avoid overmixing. It can make the cheesecake dense, not creamy.
Yes, but a stand mixer gives better results.
In an airtight container in the fridge.
No, but it adds flavor.
Yes, but homemade is better.
Overmixing or too high oven temp.
It makes the filling stable.
Use plant-based cream and cheese.
Adds depth and color.
Yes, like a blueberry topping.
It enhances flavor.
25g Melted Coconut Oil
50g Unsweetened Shredded Coconut
Caramel Cheesecake Filling
750g Cream Cheese
180g Creme Fraiche
5ml Vanilla Extract
Caramel Pecan Topping
Pinch of Salt
100g Roasted Pecans
Step 1 - Make Crust
- In food processor, add dates, coconut, pecans, and coconut oil.
- Pulse until pecans are small pieces.
Step 2 - Mold and Bake Crust
- Pour in 8-inch springform mold.
- Press to fit bottom and come up a bit on sides.
- Bake at 325F for 10-15 minutes.
Step 3 - Make Caramel
- Melt sugar in saucepan.
- When golden, add butter and mix.
- Add cream off heat.
- Add pinch of salt.
Step 4 - Make Filling
- In stand mixer, mix room-temp cream cheese and sugar.
- When smooth, add crème fraîche.
- Add eggs one by one, mix between each.
- Add vanilla and mix until smooth.
- Sift in cornstarch and mix one last time.
- Step 5 - Fill and Bake
- Wrap the mold in 2 aluminum foils.
- Pour ¾ of cream cheese mix in the mold.
- Mix ½ caramel with last ¼ of cream cheese mix.
- Add molasses for color.
- Pour in the mold, leave white spots.
- Use knife for marbled look.
- Place in a water bath.
- Bake at 325F for 1h30 or until the internal temp is 150F.
- Cool 1 hour, then cover and put in fridge overnight or 6-7 hours.
Step 6 - Make Topping
- Bake 100g pecans at 350F for 10 minutes.
- Reheat caramel.
- Add roasted pecans.
Step 7 - Final Touch
- Take cake out of mold.
- Cut a piece.
- Add caramel pecan sauce. Enjoy!
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 1h 30m
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegetarian
Looking for other recipes like this? Try these: