Prepare yourself for the nutty and buttery flavors of the Pistachio Butter Cake! This recipe is not just a delightful treat but a masterpiece that's bound to impress anyone with a sweet tooth. Made with roasted pistachios, rich butter, and blended to perfection, this cake is just great! Read on to discover how to make this delectable dessert, and don't miss our special mention of the Gingerbread Bread recipe, perfect for the holiday season!
The Pistachio Butter Cake is not just a dessert; it's an experience. Often enjoyed during festive seasons and family gatherings, its unique flavor and texture set it apart from typical cakes. Speaking of unique and seasonal treats, have you ever tried Gingerbread Bread? It's another mouthwatering dessert that can be beautifully paired with Pistachio Butter Cake during the winter holidays. Discover how both recipes bring joy to the table in their special ways.
PREFER TO WATCH INSTEAD OF READ?
- Baking Powder
See recipe card for quantities.
Prepare Pistachio Powder
Roast the pistachios and grind them until they become a powder. Set aside for later.
Cream Butter and Sugar
In a bowl, cream butter and sugar together. Add room temperature eggs one at a time, mixing between each addition.
Mix Dry Ingredients
In another bowl, mix the pistachio powder, flour, baking powder, and salt. Add to the butter mixture in three parts, alternating with milk. Start and finish with the dry ingredients.
Prepare the Baking Pan
Grease and line a loaf pan with parchment paper, then add the batter and flatten it.
Bake the Cake
Bake the cake at 350F for 50-60 minutes and let it cool down completely.
Serve and Enjoy
Cut yourself a nice slice of the Pistachio Butter Cake and enjoy!
Hint: For a perfect Pistachio Butter Cake, ensure that the pistachios are roasted until golden before grinding. This brings out the nut's natural oils and flavors, giving the cake its distinctive taste. Use a coffee grinder for the best results.
If you're aiming for a vegan version of the Pistachio Butter Cake, substitute the butter with coconut oil, use flaxseed eggs, and opt for almond or soy milk.
- Add a hint of lemon or orange zest for a citrusy twist.
Pistachio Cake Batter
- Baking sheet: To spread pistachios for roasting.
- Coffee grinder: To make pistachio powder.
- Mixing bowls: One for butter and sugar, another for dry ingredients.
- Hand mixer: To cream butter and sugar and mix eggs.
- Measuring cups and spoons: For precise amounts.
- 9-inch Loaf Pan: To shape the cake.
- Parchment paper: To line the loaf pan for easy release.
- Spatula: To flatten the batter in the pan.
Most Useful Equipment
If you have to pick one, the hand mixer is the most useful. It helps you cream butter and sugar and mix in eggs, making the batter smooth.
Store the cake in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days, or refrigerate for up to a week.
Ensure all your ingredients, especially eggs and butter, are at room temperature. This ensures even mixing and a smooth batter.
Yes, almonds or walnuts can be a good substitute.
A toothpick inserted into the center should come out clean.
Yes, wrap it tightly and freeze for up to 3 months.
A food processor can work, but the texture may vary.
In an airtight container at room temperature or refrigerated.
Yes, see the substitutions section for details.
Grease and line the pan well with parchment paper.
Absolutely! A cream cheese frosting pairs well.
Yes, just make sure to adjust the baking time accordingly.
Looking for other recipes like this? Try these:
1 cup (140g) Flour
1 cup (125g) Pistachio
2 tsp (9g) Baking Powder
⅔ cup (150g) Butter
3x (150g approx.) Eggs
½ cup (100ml) Milk
1 cup (200g) Sugar
1 tsp (2g) Salt
Pistachio Cake Batter
- Roast the pistachios in a 350F oven for 7-10 minutes.
- Grind them until they become a powder (use a coffee grinder for the best result).
- Set aside for later.
- In a bowl, cream butter and sugar together.
- Add the room temperature eggs one at a time, mixing between each add.
- In another bowl, mix the pistachio powder, flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Add to the butter mixture in 3 times.
- Between each addition, add the milk.
- Start and finish with the powders.
- Grease and line with parchment paper and loaf pan.
- Add the batter and flatten it up.
- Bake at 350F for 50-60 minutes.
- Let it cool down completely.
- Cut yourself a nice slice.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 50-60 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: International
- Diet: Vegetarian
Keywords: Pistachio Butter Cake, Pistachio Cake, Baking at 350F, Loaf Pan, Cake Batter, Homemade Cake, Cake with Pistachios, Creaming Butter and Sugar, Pistachio Powder, Cake Baking Tips
- Store leftovers in an airtight container to prevent spoilage.