Banana Bread is an easy and delicious treat. It's great for breakfast or a quick snack. With simple ingredients like bananas and chocolate chips, you can't go wrong. Keep reading to learn how to make the perfect loaf!
Banana bread is a favorite all year long but shines during holiday seasons. If you enjoy this, you might also like our Blackberry Jam, Cake Pop or Cinnamon Pull Apart Bread. Great options for dessert or breakfast!
PREFER TO WATCH INSTEAD OF READ?
- Baking Powder
- Brown Sugar
- Vanilla Extract
- Dark Chocolate Chips
See recipe card for quantities.
Mix the Dry Ingredients
Combine flour, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon in a bowl. Set it aside for later use.
Prepare Banana Puree
Mash bananas with a fork. Keep it aside.
Cream Butter and Sugar
Make the butter and brown sugar light and fluffy.
Combine Wet Ingredients & Alternate Flour and Milk
- Add egg, vanilla, and mashed bananas to the butter mix.
- Mix in flour mixture and milk in parts until combined well.
Add Chocolate, Pour and Bake!
- Add chocolate chips and pour into a pan.
- Bake at 350F for 30 minutes. Turn down oven to 325F. Bake for another 30 minutes.
Cut and serve
Add chocolate chips and pour into a pan. Bake until done.
Hint: Don't overmix the batter. This keeps the bread soft and moist.
- Use almond milk for a dairy-free option.
- Add nuts for crunch.
- Use white chocolate chips for a sweeter bread.
- A loaf pan is best.
- If using a glass pan, reduce oven temperature by 25°F.
- Store in an airtight container.
- Freeze for up to 3 months.
Use ripe bananas. They add more flavor and sweetness.
We do not recommend, ripe bananas give better flavor.
Up to 1 week.
Yes, for up to 3 months.
Yes, but adjust the baking time.
No, they are optional.
Yes, walnuts or pecans work well.
No, but you can use almond milk.
A toothpick should come out clean.
Yes, but brown is better for flavor and moisture.
Looking for other recipes like this? Try these:
1 tbsp Baking Powder
½ tsp Cinnamon
200g Brown Sugar
5ml Vanilla Extract
150g Dark Chocolate Chips
Step 1: Making the Banana Bread Batter
- Combine Flour, Baking Powder, Salt, and Cinnamon in a bowl. Put it aside.
- Crush Bananas into a puree using a fork. Put it aside.
- Beat Softened Butter and Brown Sugar until light.
- Add Egg, Vanilla, and Banana Puree to the mix.
- Stir in a third of the Flour Mixture.
- Mix in half of the Milk.
- Add another third of the Flour Mixture.
- Pour in the remaining Milk.
- Finish by adding the last of the Flour.
- Mix in Chocolate Chips.
Step 2: Baking the Banana Bread
- Pour batter into a 9-inch x 4-inch pan. Make sure it's greased and lined.
- Bake at 350F for 30 minutes.
- Turn down oven to 325F. Bake for another 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven.
- Dig in and enjoy!
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 60 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegetarian