Looking for the perfect dessert? Make this moist and flavorful Applesauce Cake. It's easy, delicious, and a hit at any gathering.
PREFER TO WATCH INSTEAD OF READ?
- Baking Powder
- Brown Sugar
- Caramel Sauce (optional) (Video recipe)
See recipe card for quantities.
- Combine Flour, Baking Powder, Cinnamon, and Salt.
- Cream Butter and Brown Sugar next.
When the butter mix is light, add the eggs one at a time.
Flour and Applesauce
- Put in a third of the flour mixture, then half of the applesauce. Mix until partly combined.
- Stir in another third of the flour, then the remaining applesauce.
Finish the Mix + Bake the Cake
- Add the last bit of the flour mixture. Stop when the mix is smooth.
- Oil your bundt cake mold and pour the batter in. Bake at 350F for about 60 minutes.
Check out the video recipe to create caramel sauce or use any sauce you prefer.
You'll find the ingredients and directions below in the recipe card.
Slice it up and savor!
Hint: For the best texture, don't overmix the batter. Stop mixing as soon as it becomes smooth.
To make it dairy-free, use margarine or dairy-free butter instead of regular butter.
Add nuts or dried fruits to make it suit your taste or special occasions.
A bundt cake mold works best. If using a different type, adjust the baking time.
Store in an airtight container. Freezing is also an option but might change the texture.
Always preheat the oven to get an even bake.
Yes, but brown sugar gives a richer taste.
Up to a week in an airtight container.
Yes, but best when fresh.
No, but adjust bake time.
Mashed bananas work.
Yes, frosting, a simple sugar glaze or our delicious caramel sauce recipe would be great.
Use a toothpick; it should come out clean.
No, but can be adapted.
Looking for other recipes like this? Try these:
1 tbsp Baking Powder
1 tsp Salt
350g Brown Sugar
5ml Vanilla Extract
4g Salt ( Optional )
- Mix flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. Set aside.
- Beat softened butter and brown sugar together.
- Add eggs one by one to the light butter mix.
- Put a third of your flour mix into the butter mix.
- Add half the applesauce when partly mixed.
- Mix in another third of the flour mix.
- Add the rest of the applesauce.
- Finish with the last third of the flour mix.
- Stop when the mix looks the same all over.
Baking the Cake:
- Grease your bundt cake mold.
- Put the cake mix into the mold.
- Cook in a 350F oven for 60 minutes.
Making the Caramel
- In a saucepan, Bring Butter, Cream, Vanilla, and Salt to a simmer
- Meanwhile, melt the sugar in another saucepan
- Add the cream mixture in 3 parts when the sugar is melted and has a nice caramel color
- Mix in between each add
- Keep heating for 3-5 minutes or until it has the right consistency
- Take off the heat and let it cool down
- When the caramel sauce is warm it is ready to use on your favorite dessert
- Take cake out of the oven. Add sauce or eat as is.
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 60 mins
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegetarian
- Make sure your eggs are fresh.