Savor the perfect blend of sweet and tart flavors with this Caramel Apple Cake recipe. An ultimate comfort dessert that not only pleases the taste buds but also the eyes, this cake is perfect for any special occasion or simply a family gathering. With its rich caramel glaze and succulent apples, you will find reasons to make this incredible dessert again and again!
Caramel Apple Cake is often associated with the fall season when apples are at their prime. Its rich flavors make it a popular choice during Thanksgiving and Christmas. For those who love this dessert, you may also want to try Apple Donuts, another delicious treat that's a hit with apple lovers. Just like the Caramel Apple Cake, Apple Donuts bring the best of apples into a mouth-watering form, promising a delightful taste adventure.
PREFER TO WATCH INSTEAD OF READ?
- Brown Sugar
- Vanilla extract
- Baking powder
- Powdered sugar
See recipe card for quantities.
Prepare The Mold
Peel and remove the core of your apples, cut them into wedges, grease and line the mold, mix melted butter, brown sugar, and salt, spread the mix, and place the apples in the mold.
Make the Cake Batter
Whisk the eggs, sugar, and vanilla extract, mix the flour, baking powder, and salt, add powders in parts to the egg mixture, alternate with the milk, and add melted butter.
Pour the Batter into the Mold & Bake the Cake
Pour the smooth batter into the mold over the apples. Bake at 350F for 50-55 minutes and take out of the oven to let it cool down for 30 minutes.
Unmold the Cake
Unmold on a platter and get ready for glazing.
Glaze the Cake
Mix the powdered sugar and milk, then drizzle over the cake.
Cut into pieces and Enjoy!
Hint: Ensure that the apples are arranged tightly at the bottom of the mold for even distribution. This helps in forming a beautiful caramelized apple layer on top of the cake, enhancing the overall flavor and appearance.
If you are on a dairy-free diet, you can use almond milk instead of regular milk, and a plant-based butter substitute.
Consider adding spices like cinnamon or nutmeg for a spiced version of this cake. You could also add some chopped nuts like walnuts or pecans for added texture and flavor.
Getting The Mold Ready
- Peeler: To peel the apples easily.
- Knife: To cut and core apples.
- 9-inch Pie Mold: To shape the cake.
- Mixing bowls: To mix butter, brown sugar, and salt.
- Parchment paper: To line the mold for easy release.
The Cake Batter
Most Useful Equipment
If you have to pick one, the 9-inch mold is most important. It gives the cake its shape.
Store the Caramel Apple Cake in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Be careful not to overmix the batter as it can result in a dense cake. Mixing just until the ingredients are combined ensures a soft and moist cake.
Yes, you can prepare the cake a day in advance and add the glaze before serving.
Yes, green apples add a nice tart flavor that complements the sweetness.
Regular white sugar with a touch of molasses can be used as a substitute.
Use plant-based milk, butter, and egg substitute.
Yes, without the glaze, it can be frozen for up to 3 months.
It's best served warm, with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
Make sure your baking powder is fresh and don’t overmix the batter.
Yes, nuts like walnuts or pecans can be added for texture.
You can use sugar substitutes that suit your dietary needs.
Yes, just adjust the cooking time as needed.
Looking for other recipes like this? Try these:
Apples ( Preparing The Mold )
110g Brown Sugar
Pinch Of Salt
3x Apples (Depends on the size)
5ml vanilla extract
1 ½ tsp baking powder
2g of salt
50g powdered sugar
Getting The Mold Ready
- Peel and remove the core of your apples
- Cut the apples in wedges ( we cut the apples into 8 parts)
- Grease and line with parchment paper the bottom of a 9inch mold
- In a bowl, mix the melted butter, the brown sugar and the salt
- Spread the mix evenly at the bottom of the mold
- Place the apples in the mold
- To fit the most in the mold, squeeze the apples so they touch
The Cake Batter
- Whisk the eggs, sugar and vanilla extract
- In another bowl, mix the flour, baking powder and salt
- Add the powders in three parts to the egg mixture
- Alternate with the milk
- Start and finish with the powders
- When the mix is homogeneous, melt the butter
- add it to the mixture
- Pour the smooth batter in the mold
- Bake at 350F for 50-55minutes
- Take out of the oven
- Let it cool down 30minutes
Unmolding + Glazing
- Unmold on a platter
- Mix the powdered sugar and milk
- Drizzle over the cake
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 55 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegetarian
Keywords: Caramel Apple Cake, Cake Batter, Unmolding Cake, Apple Cake Recipe, Baking at 350F, Homemade Cake, Cake Glaze, Vanilla Extract, Brown Sugar, Fall Dessert
- Wash apples thoroughly.
- Store leftovers in the refrigerator to maintain freshness.